Wednesday, July 24, 2013

If a UFO offered to take you into space, would you go?

                            

I wouldn't. No. 

If I'd been abducted before I was 22 and had my first child, I would probably have shouted, 'Beam me up FASTER, Scotty.' But no, certainly not now. 


My father always told us that he would go in a heartbeat if he could, no matter what the cost and I believe him; I don't think he would balk were he put on the spot. If aliens, or some secret government program, needed an eccentric old guy who'd spent a lot of years tinkering in his garage on a perpetual motion machine and asked him along, he would be like, 'Can I just tell my wife where I'm going?'


And they would be like, 'I'm sorry, sir, but that's classified.'


And he would be like, 'No worries - she'll understand.' 


I'm pretty sure she would, too.

How about you? 


Check out my novel: The Anzac Girl

1 comment:

  1. T'was serendipity that I found your blogspot, and I totally understood what you were saying about your dad here, and it made me smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete